June 15, 2008

US VS BARBADOS

Straight from the Home Depot Center...as this father's day comes, I am remembered of the times my father and I talked about soccer (football in Trinidad). My father pasted away in 2004 and I know he is watching down on me, happy in knowning that he has done his best to give me opportunities that he just didn't have. And I try to take advantage of every opportunity I can, hence when my good friend Matt said he was heading to the game, why not!
Currently, the score is 3 nil US, but still its nice to be in the sun and enjoy a soccer match in America. America has slowly been adding more and more soccer events...I can appreciate the effort America is making to grow, which in itself shows progress. Soccer in America, my father called it, but to see it in my lifetime...is just another reminder of what he has left for me to enjoy! I Love you dad...Happy Father's Day!

No comments: