June 10, 2008

Blackberry Tips & LIRR

If you have not realized by now, I have a blackberry and I am in love with it. Yes, I said it, I am in LOVE! IPhone users just walk away now, because you will not convert me…I will convert you! Now don’t get me wrong, apple has done the mobile industry a much needed boost. I have my own theories that mobile is the way of the future. Mobile isn’t where it needs to be just yet, but it will be there soon enough.

To own an IPhone or Blackberry, you have to have a data plan and I am sure that there is quite a considerable amount of people that have IPhones that do not have the internet in their own homes. This gives you a much wider and immediate audience. Now this blog post is not about the IPhone, this blog post is about Blackberry tips, but I just had to add my 2 cents about the way things are going.

Anyway, let’s get right to it. All across the internet you can find tips for blackberry (I will place the links below, so I cannot take credit for discovering them on my own) but I will list some I think are cool.

Reboot without Removing Blackberry: ALT+Right Shift+BACKSPACE for a full second. This will reboot your blackberry without having to remove the batter.

Lock Keyboard: ALT+ENTER

All Status Page: ALT+Left Shift+Letter H. This page has every detail of your blackberry. From PIN, ESN # to File Space

Dial Letters: Alt+Letter. Sometimes you may need to dial 1800GOFEDEX, but instead of trying to figure what letters represent what numbers you now can just type in 1800GOFEDEX and get the call. Example: Dial 1800 Alt+G, Alt+O, Alt+F, Alt+E, Alt+D, Alt+E, Alt+X + SEND

Smart Codes: The following codes can be entered in any location that you can type text (that would be emails, sms, memos, etc.) and you will get the corresponding information.
Local Time: LT+Spacebar
Local Date: LD+Spacebar
Owner Information: Mysig+Spacebar
PIN Information: Mypin+Spacebar

For more Tips, click the #’s below:
#1, #2, #3, #4

This next great tip is for those who live in New York City. This link I use every weekday from my blackberry to get the LIRR schedule. I use to use Google Stripper. Yes I said Google Stripper, which is a great link that can be used for website heavily image intensive and hard to see on a Blackberry of cell phone. Try it out with different links and leave a comment to some useful alternatives.

People are developing like crazy for the IPhone, but nothing for the blackberry. Blackberry, open up…just open up! That’s ok because it is still an awesome device.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

can these tips be used for any blackberry device? pearl?

Unknown said...

It works with more Blackberries than not! Especially the newer ones.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.