June 13, 2007

To Know True Beauty in Rio...

Not to kill you so softly, but I wanted to put these other videos I just compiled up! If you wondered why I am so enamored with Rio, this will help. The 2nd to last night we were in Rio, I took video of the sunrise…absolutely gorgeous! Fortunately, while we were down there we were able to meet some really nice people. My friend’s apartment overlooked Copacabana beach, which allowed us to get such a marvelous view of the sun coming up over the mountains. The beginning of the video was taken before we went out for the night. Without knowing I was going to be up for the sunrise, I decided to take the same shot as the sun was rising. Great fortune I say! As we noticed the ridiculous view, we decided to go to the beach to get a closer look and enjoy the sunrise with the rest of Rio. There are some parts where the wind from the ocean causes the sounds to mess up, but the view, not me talking is what you are here to enjoy!

This video is from our trip to Christ Redeemer (Cristo Redentor). The beginning is the drive to the statue, through Ipanema and then up at the statue. There were these monkey’s that were hanging around our car because we had candy in it and I thought they smelled the food. I was not interested in finding out, monkey’s are no joke, neither is rabies. Anyway, when we were at the top it was extremely windy. May is winter time in Rio, so there aren’t many people visiting and as you can see most people are wearing winter jackets, while I was walking around in shorts. Trust me when I tell you, it was a hard lesson to learn but I will remember to bring at least sweat pants!

1 comment:

Siddharta said...

Hey Charles, thanks for sharing your experiences. The sunset is absolutely gorgeous. That was one thing I loved about living in New Mexico.By watching the video, I can see how beautiful it is. Do you still remember what you told me one day? That you can use internet and travel around? What do you think now?
I'll visiting you later,